I was tagged in Facebook to write 25 random things about me. I thought I would share them with you… Remember, they are random!
1. My first name was originally a boy’s name. My mom was apparently trendy before it was trendy to be trendy.
2. My birth certificate is filed in the Cook County Clerk’s Office. (This is also an obscure movie reference. Anyone get it? Orange whip anyone?)
3. There is no three.
4. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. I endeavor (though fail often) to be more like Him. He raises me up so I can stand on mountains.
5. I married a chef/farmer/domestic engineer/cabbie/gambler who makes me laugh! He is the perfect match for me and I can’t imagine growing old with anyone else.
6. I love big hair bands, country music, 70s easy listening (such as Carpenters, Neil Diamond), classic hippy rock, Yanni, hip hop, show tunes and movie scores. But my favorite song is “Juke Box Hero” by Foreigner. My life is a musical in my head. I may break out into song at a moment’s notice. I know all the lyrics to the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. Most of the dialog too. So if I start singing, just join in. And why yes, John Denver AND Barry Manilow are on my iPod. I am almost 40. I can embrace my geekhood if I want to! I write the songs that make the whole world sing!
7. (7 – 8 – 9) I believe in fairies. Hear that, Tinkerbell? I do believe in fairies.
8. I. HATE. SPIDERS.
9. I am a Twilighter/TwiHard/Fanpire/Crazy Obsessed Lunatic. I have read Twilight three times, the rest twice. I am totally Team Edward. I adore Edward almost as much as Mr. Darcy. I can make anything into a Twilight reference. I want to be a stupid shiny Volvo owner. I saw the movie at midnight opening day with my Twilight shirt. “Trust me, Bella.” Sigh!
10. I love Mr. Darcy. Even my five year old knows I love Mr. Darcy.
11. My hobbies include reading, sewing, scrapbooking, card making, jewelry making and general crafting with my children. I love making stuff. I wish I were better at it.
12. My house is haunted by “guys” and a little boy. They seem to not want to hurt anyone and so we live in peace. (And I’ve threatened to exorcise them if that changes!!)
13. Backyardigans is my favorite show on Noggin (Oh, and by the way, Joe is so much better than Steve!) LOST is my favorite “adult” TV show. I cannot stand cooking shows or reality TV. Utter torture. I would watch more shows about hauntings because it fascinates me, but then I get creeped out and have to sleep with all the lights on. Refer to #12.
14. I love camping with my family in our pop-up trailer. This makes me very happy. Sitting by the fire, toasting marshmallows, making popcorn! Ahhh, sweet bliss.
15. I have a very low tolerance for pity parties. GET OVER IT. Think you have it bad? Watch this and get back to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4uG2kSdd-4
16. I have a “blood” sister and a “blood” brother, but I can’t remember my blood brother’s name. I can remember though that Damon and Chris gave us band-aids
17. My passport is expired. How am I going to visit all the Club Meds in the world without a valid passport???
18. I’m becoming a townie!
19. If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be on a tropical beach, with no toot of the angry horn. Or Vermont. Or Alaska. Or maybe an island off the coast of Maine. But definitely NOT Kansas or anywhere in tornado alley.
20. I have seen the aurora borealis from both Boylston and Northborough. I would love to see it from the night sky of Alaska. Someday…
21. I think I should have been a geologist. I have a weird obsession with rocks, gems and I maintain a sand collection. Yep, should be a geologist. But considering it has a heavy course load in physics, mathematics, chemistry and possibly biology, I would have flunked out. Oh well.
22. My house is a mess. I have a feeling it will be that way until the girls go to college. I don’t obsess about it. Please do not ever eat off my kitchen floor. It will never be clean enough.
23. My favorite movies are Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Pride and Prejudice, Hunt for Red October and Sleeping Beauty. I love romance movies and action movies. I do not like horror or kung fu or bizarre dramas. I love everything Pixar has done and Steve Jobs is my hero! I might even go Mac if I ever have to buy a laptop. I just will never get in an elevator with him…
24. I have never watched “Titanic” and never will.
25. My life may appear to be boring and meaningless and while I may never achieve greatness or “success”, I am the center of the universe for two beautiful little girls that I have been blessed with knowing. And that, my friends, is all that matters!